End of an Age
The Wandering Dog
In 958 AoA, a man passing through Crossroads with his dog died from wounds he’d acquired from a goblin raid on his camp. His wagon had been parked in an empty lot at the time, and even after it was moved, the dog stayed there in that lot. People would try to coerce him out with food, but he wouldn’t leave the area. If they tried to pick him up or take him out by force, he would fight back, snapping and howling loudly at those trying.
After a year or so, the dog would start wandering off from the lot during the day to find food, but would always come back to that spot. It’s said that on the anniversary of his master’s death, every year, he would spend the entire day howling mournfully at the spot where he passed on.
Over the next 8 years, the dog befriended every business owner and employee in town. People would regularly bring him snacks and treats, and for the winters, they had built him a little shelter. In Marta of 966 AoA, however, the dog succumbed to his age and passed on. A small ceremony was held by many of the workers in town who had grown to love him. To honor the dog’s memory, one of the business owners who had been considering places to put up an inn, decided to build it there. Unfortunately, the man had never told anyone the dog’s name prior to dying, so they went with the title the townsfolk had given it. The wandering dog.
Hanging over the front door is the inn’s name, with a likeness of the dog carved in wood, and the overhang that it juts out from has the shelter that was built for him, preserved on top of it.
The owner, Tully Coenn, and his wife, Salma, currently run and live in the inn. Tully is a retired adventure who still knows how to swing an ax or fist, brawlers beware.
- Thin Rectangle on a wall: door
- “S” on a wall: secret door
- Large Rectangle: table
- Large Thin Rectangle: bar
- Circle: bar stool or chair
- 4/5 Circle: chair next to/under table
- Small filled Rectangle in a larger rectangle: fireplace/hearth
- Dashed Line: railing
- Many thin lines getting smaller: stairs
- Filled Circle: toilet/privvy
- Filled Triangle: wash basin
- Boiled Callan Bacon & Cabbage Parsley Sauce: 4sp
- Ground Minotaur Burger: 12gp
- Spinach Mashed Potatoes: 4sp
- Roast Duck with Apples: 3sp
- Spicy Hellhound Claws: 9gp
- Braised Minotaurtail with Mushrooms: 9gp
- Roast Beef Served with Cranberry Sauce: 7sp
- Cheese rolls with a filling of nuts, honey and vegetables: 5cp
- Artichoke Soup: 7cp
- Braised Oxtails with Mushrooms: 5sp
- Smoked Salmon Salad: 6sp
- Beef & Vegetable Casserole: 6sp
- Fallan (elven) Wine: 8cp
- Ervanic Lager: 5cp
- Khellanic (dwarven) Ale: 8cp
- Shanshun Lager: 4cp
- Finnell (pale) Ale: 4cp
- Dwarven Spirits: 7cp
- Quillin (elven) Wine: 9cp
- Damage to the bar: 3gp